Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Eyeballs for Breakfast"

Right now I'm feeling a bit like Murphy, the main character in the book "Eyeballs for Breakfast" by M.M. Ragz. It's a book I read as a kid.

I couldn't help thinking about it during today's run.

His father forces him to get out and jog. The first day he's supposed to go a half mile. After the first lap or so, he's struggling. Gasping for air, praying for the run to be done. Then after a while things start to get easier.

In day two, that's how my runs have been going. I have to remember that this will get easier. If you're starting out with a jogging program, it will get easier for you too. I promise!

Murphy's dad also makes him eat egg whites for breakfast instead of the normal sugary treats kids usually eat. Sometimes his dad will add green olives with pimentos to give them a little taste, but it just makes the eggs look like eyes. If Murphy is really good, his dad might add a couple of M&Ms to his breakfast.

Honestly, I'd probably enjoy that breakfast. Eggs are some of my favorite food, and the whites are very healthy. 

Why not try an egg white frittata?

No comments:

Post a Comment